Tuesday 12 July 2011

Practicum : Day 1 and Day 2

So today is my second day in SK Serdang for my three months of practicum as an English trainee teacher. And sorry I didn't get the time to membebel about my first day (yesterday). Do I need to give the reasons why..? Tak perlu lah kot.. 

Anyways, let me share with you peeps what I felt and what I experienced on the very first day of my practicum:

1. Obviously every practicum teacher would feel butterflies in their stomach. Butterflies in stomach can caused gases sometimes kan.. Don't get so "eww" about it, it's practically normal. I know it's embarrassing and uncomfortable, but it's normal! Luckily I tak lepaskan apa-apa jenis gases pun! Fuh~

2. The teachers sangat the friendly! I like! They greeted you, they smiled at you, they even had a lil chit chat with us while we were waiting for the Headmaster that early morning. We (Nurul and I) were also being introduced during the assembly in front of the 1,000 students. Flattered hehe..

3. Students bila tau ada new teachers in their school, they got a lil bit excited. Maybe to them, they could bully us kot.. Or maybe they want to manja-manja with us ke..? And they could stare at you for more than 5 minutes! Usually couple yang bercinta would do that kan - staring at each other for more than an hour pun tak rasa bosan. Ok back to the students - they would not look elsewhere till you smile at them. Seriously! When you have smiled, they would smile back and baru lah pandang tempat lain..

4. We like our cooperative teachers! They are awesome! They shared with us about almost everything lah.. Saya suka!

5. Joined a meeting. They were discussing about the "Sports Day" that they're gonna held this Saturday at Stadium Uniten. Saya pasukan rumah Raja Udang! Wohoo!

On my second day of practicum pula:

1. Got a relief for one period only which happened to be the class that Nurul is teaching (Year 2). They were supposed to have PJ class time tu but the teacher was not around - had to settle few things. So I told them to do some simple stretching in the class. Most of them volunteered themselves to be the "instructor". Bagus betul suka mem-volunteer-kan diri sendiri! After dah buat stretching, we played some guessing games. I divided the class into two and throughout the games, they were really competitive. Group one gave quizzes to Group two for them to guess and vice versa. Almost every students volunteered and if you tak pilih dia, dia would be like "Alah teacher.." hahaha there was 38 of them and the time was really short - one period only!

2. I then entered a Year 3 class to begin my real lesson. Today I taught them Present and Past Tense. They are smart but a lil bit passive.. So I tried to break the ice by calling their names randomly. Agak terkejut lah their facial expressions when I called out their names. If they answered my questions correctly, I would ask the others to applause for their friends. Then from there, they started to volunteer in answering questions. Mereka suka kot when people applause for them..?! Then they were to complete an exercise. Most of them have done their exercise except for this one boy. I have tried giving him simple explanations and showed an example but he still didn't get the clue.. Then the bell rang lah pula kan.. Kesian dia, dah lah lapar and I asked him to complete the exercise pula.. So I just told him to complete question No.1 je.. If dia pengsan kelaparan, habis lah saya >.<"


Teacher Azureen & Teacher Nurul
(A week before the practicum)